In-Person Sunday School
Morningside Baptist Church safely restarted in-person Sunday School classes on December 6. Since that time we have met in person each Sunday. We continue to live stream the adult Sunday School lesson at 9:15 am for those who do not feel safe returning to in-person classes.
We currently have a completely different structure with fewer classes than we had before the coronavirus pandemic. We plan to add more classes in the future as conditions permit.
Current Sunday Morning Schedule:
8:15 am – Mask Required Worship Service
9:15 am – Sunday School classes for all ages (see list of classes below)
10:30 am – Mask Optional Worship Service
Preschool – Preschool & Children’s Wing:
Children – Preschool & Children’s Wing:
1st & 2nd Grade
3rd & 4th Grade
Mask-required class for Preschoolers and Children – Building C (connected to the Worship Center)
All youth (coed) – Harbor Room (B-103)
College & Career:
All students (coed) – C&C Building
Masks optional (all ages, coed) – Youth Building
Masks required (all ages, coed) – Worship Center
- Those who are only comfortable attending Worship and Sunday School if everyone present wears a mask may attend the mask-required Worship service at 8:15 am, and then remain in the Worship Center for the mask-required adult Sunday School class at 9:15 am. Children and Youth are welcome to attend the mask-required class with their parents.
- All others who are comfortable attending Worship and Sunday School regardless of whether everyone wears a mask may attend their appropriate Sunday School class at 9:15 am, followed by the mask-optional Worship service at 10:30 am.
- Any parent who is uncomfortable sending their child to his/her assigned class may bring the child with them to the adult class they attend.
Other Health and Safety Concerns
- Social distancing is encouraged for all students and teachers.
- Social distancing is challenging with Preschoolers and Children, but our teachers will try to keep the kids separate as much as is practical.
- Facemasks are required for those attending the mask-required Adult Sunday School class in the Worship Center.
- Facemasks are encouraged but optional for all other teachers and students over the age of 2.
Sanitation and Hygiene:
- Hand sanitizer stations are available in all areas where Sunday School classes meet.
- Students and teachers are encouraged to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after class.
- Classroom doors are left open to minimize contact with doorknobs and increase air flow.
- Supplies for Preschoolers and Children are kept in individual Ziploc bags, with a bag assigned to each child. Only the student opens his or her bag and handle its contents. After the students return the supplies to their bags, teachers sanitize the outside of the bags.
- Parents must send snacks for their Preschoolers and Children. The church will not provide snacks.
Everyone must do what is best for the health and safety of themselves and their family. Therefore, we completely understand any who choose not to attend at this time. The following scripture should be our guiding principle.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.