The Morningside Baptist Church Elders and Staff provide the following as helpful information to our members and friends as we return to “In House Worship” on Sunday June 21, 2020 at 10:30 a.m. in the Worship Center.
In keeping with the state’s recommended “best practices,” Morningside will re-open with the following guidelines:
- If you have any concerns about your immune system or your current state of health, you are encouraged not to attend.
- If you have been tested for the Coronavirus and are waiting for the results, you cannot attend.
- All seating is open seating unless reserved in advance. Those who desire to remain socially distanced will need to call the church office by Thursday, June 18, at noon to request the number of reserved seats you will need.
- The wearing of face masks is encouraged but not required.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the Worship Center lobby.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Childcare will not be available.
- Campus shuttles will not be running and ushers will not be parking cars.
- We ask everyone to be especially sensitive to others with your personal greeting as some will desire to shake hands and others will not. As always, remember to, “Submit yourselves one to another in the fear [reverence] of God.” (Eph. 5:21)
- Morningside Baptist Church implemented an “Infectious Disease Policy,” more than two decades ago, (March 1998) which applies at all times. The policy states in part:
“Any person infected with a communicable disease is asked not to attend church activities. This applies to persons of all ages, and to leaders, teachers and workers as well as to members. The infected person should not attend church until he or she is no longer contagious. A person who attends any church function showing signs of infection or if he/she begins to show any signs….will be asked to go home until their health is restored and others are no longer at risk.”
- All services (Sunday and Wednesday) will continue to be live streamed.
- The Elders and Staff will announce further “In House” activities at a later date.