Tentative Plans from Your Elders and Staff
Governor Brian Kemp’s latest executive order requires persons age 65 and above and those with underlying medical conditions to shelter in place through June 12.
As your church leaders we have a responsibility to do all we can to guard the health of our church family and community based on the facts we have received. In light of this we are planning to do the following:
Sunday May 31: Live Stream Only Services A.M. & P.M.
June 7, and June 14: DRIVE IN CHURCH @ 10:30 A.M. and Live Stream only at 6:00 P.M.
We are tentatively planning to return to worshipping in the Worship Center in a limited way on Sunday, June 21 at 10:30 a.m. By “limited” we mean modified music compared to prior COVID-19 virus.
Sunday School and Sunday evenings will remain Live Stream Only until the Elders announce a starting date.
More details will be forthcoming as we near June 21. Your Elders and staff are greatly appreciative for your very gracious support, prayers, and encouragement.
Drive in Church Guidelines:
- When you arrive the Morningside security team will direct you where to park your vehicle.
- When you are parked, you must remain in your vehicle.
- You may leave your engine running with your windows up and A/C on or you may turn your engine off and roll down your windows.
- The service will be broadcast on a low wattage FM transmitter where you may listen on the FM radio in your vehicle (89.7 on your dial).
- Restroom facilities and childcare will not be available.
- The Drive in Church Worship Service will be live streamed at 10:30 a.m.
- If you have any health concerns and do not want to be a part of this special Mother’s Day, no one will consider you to be boycotting the service. Please do what you feel best for your health.
Please let me remind you of the following:
Each Sunday, join us online for a Sunday School lesson taught by Brother John at 9:00 a.m. Following that, we will have a time of worship featuring special music and a Gospel message from your Pastor at 10:30 a.m. Join us again for evening worship at 6:00 p.m.
On Wednesdays you will receive a prayer list by email. You are encouraged to join us again online at 7:00 p.m. as your Pastor leads us to pray for special needs among the church family and then brings a message from God’s Word.
You can find the live stream by visiting our web site at www.morningside.ws or through Facebook (MorningsideBaptistChurchValdosta). Additionally, you can access any live stream or previously recorded preaching or teaching at www.vimeo.com/morningsidebaptist.
As information develops, the church office will email it to you as we receive it. In the meantime, please check your email, our web site, Facebook, and Twitter (MorningsideVald) for updates. For the latest information about the COVID-19 virus, consult the CDC web site (https://www.cdc.gov/).
During this time that we are not meeting together I want to remind our members to please continue to give your tithes and offerings through one of the following methods:
- Online giving (go to www.morningside.ws and click “Online Giving” in the upper right corner of the page).
- US mail, addressed to Morningside Baptist Church, 2604 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA 31602, to the attention of Lisa Tomberlin.
- Place your gift in the drop box beside the church office door.
Thank you for your understanding and prayers. As always, I am available to you as your pastor. God bless you!