In-House Worship – Sunday, July 12, 10:30 am
and all South Georgia Bible Conference sessions
The Morningside Baptist Church Elders and Staff provide the following as helpful information to our members and friends as we have returned to “In House Worship” on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the Worship Center. Morningside’s Worship Center is hydrostatically disinfected before each service.
In keeping with the state’s recommended “best practices,” Morningside has re-opened with the following guidelines:
- If you have any concerns about your immune system or your current state of health, you are encouraged not to attend.
- If you have been tested for the Coronavirus and are waiting for the results, you cannot attend.
- All seating is open seating unless reserved in advance. Those who desire to remain socially distanced will need to call the church office by Thursday, July 9, at noon to request the number of reserved seats you will need.
- The wearing of face masks is highly encouraged but not required.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the Worship Center lobby.
- Restrooms will be open and available.
- Childcare will not be available.
- Campus shuttles will not be running and ushers will not be parking cars.
- We ask everyone to be especially sensitive to others with your personal greeting as some will desire to shake hands and others will not. As always, remember to, “Submit yourselves one to another in the fear [reverence] of God.” (Eph. 5:21)
- Morningside Baptist Church implemented an “Infectious Disease Policy,” more than two decades ago, (March 1998) which applies at all times. The policy states in part:
“Any person infected with a communicable disease is asked not to attend church activities. This applies to persons of all ages, and to leaders, teachers and workers as well as to members. The infected person should not attend church until he or she is no longer contagious. A person who attends any church function showing signs of infection or if he/she begins to show any signs….will be asked to go home until their health is restored and others are no longer at risk.”
- All services (Sunday and Wednesday) will continue to be live streamed.
- The Elders and Staff will announce further “In House” activities at a later date.
Please let me remind you of the following:
Each Sunday, join us online for a Sunday School lesson taught by Brother John at 9:00 a.m. Following that, our In House Worship will be streamed live at 10:30 a.m. Join us again for evening worship at 6:00 p.m.
On Wednesdays you will receive a prayer list by email. You are encouraged to join us again online at 7:00 p.m. as your Pastor leads us to pray for special needs among the church family and then brings a message from God’s Word.
You can find the live stream by visiting our web site at www.morningside.ws or through Facebook (MorningsideBaptistChurchValdosta). Additionally, you can access any live stream or previously recorded preaching or teaching at www.vimeo.com/morningsidebaptist.
As information develops, the church office will email it to you as we receive it. In the meantime, please check your email, our web site, Facebook, and Twitter (MorningsideVald) for updates. For the latest information about the COVID-19 virus, consult the CDC web site (https://www.cdc.gov/).
During this time that we are not meeting together I want to remind our members to please continue to give your tithes and offerings through one of the following methods:
- Online giving (go to www.morningside.ws and click “Online Giving” in the upper right corner of the page).
- US mail, addressed to Morningside Baptist Church, 2604 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA 31602, to the attention of Lisa Tomberlin.
- Place your gift in the drop box beside the church office door.
Thank you for your understanding and prayers. As always, I am available to you as your pastor. God bless you!