Masks Required Worship Service – Sunday at 9:00 am
- Each person must bring his or her own facemask. Facemasks are not provided.
- Doors open at 8:40 a.m.
- All persons attending the 9:00 a.m. service must enter the building wearing their facemask and not remove it until they leave the building.
- There is no congregational music at the 9:00 a.m. service.
- The 9:00 a.m. service consists of:
- A welcome from the pastor
- Pastor will share serious prayer needs of church/Sunday School members
- A morning prayer time
- Special music
- Message from God’s Word
- (Pastor and special musician will have their facemask removed while on the platform)
- The building is secured at the end of the 9:00 A.M. service permitting time for the Worship Center to be sanitized. The doors for the second service open at 10:05 A.M.
- At the 10:30 a.m. service, facemasks are highly encouraged but not required.
- You may reserve social distancing seating for either service by calling the church office no later than Thursday at noon each week.
- The Sunday School lesson taught by John Yates will still be live streamed at 9:00 a.m. and will be available for viewing anytime thereafter.
In the midst of unusual times in our land, our Great God is still faithful to His Word, gracious to His children and always good. Pray for your nation’s leaders. Pray for all medical personnel and first responders. Our God is the God of all wisdom. Ask Him to give understanding to the leaders of our cities. Chaos is rampant to a large degree because so-called leaders permit it. May the God of comfort and grace to visit our hearts, our homes, and our churches.
Masks Encouraged Worship Service – Sunday at 10:30 am
The Morningside Baptist Church Elders and Staff provide the following as helpful information to our members and friends as we have returned to “In House Worship” on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. in the Worship Center. Morningside’s Worship Center is hydrostatically disinfected before each service.
In keeping with the state’s recommended “best practices,” Morningside has re-opened with the following guidelines:
- If you have any concerns about your immune system or your current state of health, you are encouraged not to attend.
- If you have been tested for the Coronavirus and are waiting for the results, you cannot attend.
- All seating is open seating unless reserved in advance. Those who desire to remain socially distanced will need to call the church office by Thursday at noon to request the number of reserved seats you will need.
- The wearing of face masks is highly encouraged but not required.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Worship Center lobby.
- Restrooms are open and available.
- Childcare is not available.
- Campus shuttles will not be running and ushers will not be parking cars.
- We ask everyone to be especially sensitive to others with your personal greeting as some will desire to shake hands and others will not. As always, remember to, “Submit yourselves one to another in the fear [reverence] of God.” (Eph. 5:21)
- Morningside Baptist Church implemented an “Infectious Disease Policy,” more than two decades ago, (March 1998) which applies at all times. The policy states in part:
“Any person infected with a communicable disease is asked not to attend church activities. This applies to persons of all ages, and to leaders, teachers and workers as well as to members. The infected person should not attend church until he or she is no longer contagious. A person who attends any church function showing signs of infection or if he/she begins to show any signs….will be asked to go home until their health is restored and others are no longer at risk.”
- Services (Sunday and Wednesday) continue to be live streamed.
- The Elders and Staff will announce further “In House” activities at a later date.
Please let me remind you of the following:
Each Sunday, join us online for a Sunday School lesson taught by Brother John at 9:00 a.m. Following that, our In House Worship will be streamed live at 10:30 a.m. Join us again for evening worship at 6:00 p.m.
On Wednesdays you will receive a prayer list by email. You are encouraged to join us again online at 7:00 p.m. as your Pastor leads us to pray for special needs among the church family and then brings a message from God’s Word.
You can find the live stream by visiting our web site at www.morningside.ws or through Facebook (MorningsideBaptistChurchValdosta). Additionally, you can access any live stream or previously recorded preaching or teaching at www.vimeo.com/morningsidebaptist.
As information develops, the church office will email it to you as we receive it. In the meantime, please check your email, our web site, Facebook, and Twitter (MorningsideVald) for updates. For the latest information about the COVID-19 virus, consult the CDC web site (https://www.cdc.gov/).
During this time that we are not meeting together I want to remind our members to please continue to give your tithes and offerings through one of the following methods:
- Online giving (go to www.morningside.ws and click “Online Giving” in the upper right corner of the page).
- US mail, addressed to Morningside Baptist Church, 2604 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA 31602, to the attention of Lisa Tomberlin.
- Place your gift in the drop box beside the church office door.
Thank you for your understanding and prayers. As always, I am available to you as your pastor. God bless you!