Easter Sunday “Drive in Church” Service April 12
Morningside will have a “Drive in Church” Service on Easter Sunday, April 12 at 10:30 a.m. on the Morningside Worship Center parking lot. In light of Governor Brian Kemp’s Order signed on Thursday, April 2 regarding public activities we must all abide by the following:
- The Morningside security team will direct you where to park your vehicle so that we abide by the six-foot rule ordered by the Governor.
- When you are parked, due to the requirements of social distancing, you must remain in your vehicle.
- You may leave your engine running with your windows up and A/C on or you may turn your engine off and roll down your windows.
- The service will be broadcast on a low wattage FM transmitter (for parking lot only) where you may listen on the FM radio in your vehicle at 89.7 on your dial.
- Restroom facilities and childcare will not be available.
- The Drive in Church service will not be streamed live at 10:30 a.m., however an Easter message will be live streamed at 10:30 a.m. for those who are unable to be a part of the Drive in Church. The 10:30 a.m. live stream will be archived later in the day for you to view. The Drive in Church service will also be available for viewing later in the day.
- If you have a health concern and do not want to be a part of this special day, no one will consider you non supportive. Please do what you feel best for your health.
- We will not receive an offering at this service. I do however thank you very much for your tithes and offerings during the weeks we are unable to meet due to the COVID-19 virus. This pandemic is causing a financial strain on almost every family, business, and church so please continue to give as God blesses you. See the giving options listed at the bottom of this page.
We continue to worship together by way of live stream. I really miss being with my church family but I am grateful that we can at least communicate technologically.
We will continue to follow the guidelines of our local, state, and federal authorities, and not meet corporately until such time as the public is given a green light to resume group gatherings. The Morningside family will carry on our worship and teaching ministry through live stream to join our hearts in worship, proclaim the gospel, and edify one another to the best of our ability.
Please let me remind you of the following:
Each Sunday, join us online for a Sunday School lesson taught by Brother John at 9:00 a.m. Following that, we will have a time of worship featuring special music and a Gospel message from your Pastor at 10:30 a.m. Join us again for evening worship at 6:00 p.m.
On Wednesdays you will receive a prayer list by email. You are encouraged to join us again online at 7:00 p.m. as your Pastor leads us to pray for special needs among the church family and then brings a message from God’s Word.
You can find the live stream by visiting our web site at www.morningside.ws or through Facebook (MorningsideBaptistChurchValdosta). Additionally, you can access any live stream or previously recorded preaching or teaching at www.vimeo.com/morningsidebaptist.
As information develops, the church office will email it to you as we receive it. In the meantime, please check your email, our web site, Facebook, and Twitter (MorningsideVald) for updates. For the latest information about the COVID-19 virus, consult the CDC web site (https://www.cdc.gov/).
During this time that we are not meeting together I want to remind our members to please continue to give your tithes and offerings through one of the following methods:
- Online giving (go to www.morningside.ws and click “Online Giving” in the upper right corner of the page).
- US mail, addressed to Morningside Baptist Church, 2604 Bemiss Rd., Valdosta, GA 31602, to the attention of Lisa Tomberlin.
- Place your gift in the drop box beside the church office door.
Thank you for your understanding and prayers. As always, I am available to you as your pastor. God bless you!